Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday or Bust!

Sunday nights.  I love them and hate them at the same time.  Tonight's was great though; we spent a few hours over at my parent's house for a Father's Day dinner and just chilled.  It was a nice culmination to a pretty great weekend!  I almost want an extra day though because mentally, I'm just not ready for tomorrow.

The further down the acquisition road we head, the harder it becomes to psych myself up to go to work after the weekend.  I'm ready for bed, my lunch is made, coffee is ready to be brewed, clothes are laid out and the bed is pulled down.  I've basically prepared myself to crash early tonight in the hopes of putting off tomorrow as much as possible.

The definition of work needs to be updated I think.  It's no longer 'work,' it's more like drudgery now.  I think saying I'm going to drudge in the morning would be pretty much a mental nightmare though.  One of my favorite quotes is, "Work is either fun or drudgery.  It depends on your attitude.  I like fun" - Colleen C. Barrett.  This is something I aspire to - focusing on fun.

I think if we knew something, anything specific, it would make things easier to handle.  We don't even know the specific date of the sale yet.  We don't know if ANYONE in IT actually has a job!  We do know that the office where we are right now is where things will  be headquartered, but I'm not sure if I will still have a seat there.

So, add that stressful fun to a normal Sunday night feel and I really, truly do not want Monday morning to get here!  I have a few other stressful things going on in my life, so I guess the work thing is a good distractor, but if it's all the same to you guys, I'd prefer to just skip Sunday nights going forward and just fast forward to Monday night.

Who do we have to call to skip Mondays in general?  I'd lead the charge if someone could tell me who to get in touch with.  Hey, maybe I'll just schedule my vacation for every Monday I have left!  Maybe if we had 'bring your dog to work day' on Mondays it'd be more fun to go in and more relaxing to work.  I'm sure Seamus and Paxton would be up for that...I'm grasping at straws here I know.

I guess I'll have to be a grown-up, remember my Ghandi quote of guarding my thoughts, paste a smile on to my face and hope tomorrow will be a great day!  Hmm...maybe I'll  go see if I can get a Slurpee...

Happy Monday Ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment