Saturday, June 23, 2012

I'm Stressed and Tigger is on the Cape

Ever work towards something for so long, that when it was right in front of you, it really messed with you?  That happened to me yesterday.  I've been working towards something really important to me for so long, that when I found out it was imminent, my brain just shut down.  I guess I spent so long keeping it on the back shelf, that I forgot to move it to the front of my brain!

Now I'm not sure whether I should be excited, scared or just stay numb.  Numb is of course the easiest path.  I can go through the motions and just ignore the inevitable until I have no choice but to address it.   I can focus on the things that are in front of me for now and just pass the time....or, I just stay freaked out. 

That's a pretty easy path too, but way too stressful.  Not to mention it can really screw up your sleep.  I learned that last night my friends.  (On a high note, at least The Truth About Cats and Dogs was on.  I love that movie.)  I think I'm done with the 'freak-out' phase, for now at least.  I hope.

SO I guess that leaves me with excitement.  I gather this post doesn't sound like I'm oozing with excitement just yet.  In fact, I think Eeyore has taken over my body.  Tigger has left the building and I think I heard a rumor that he went to the Cape for the month.  Of course Tigger would leave me in my time of need.  Butthead.

Maybe I can channel Piglet or Roo?  I'm sure I would scare both of them right now. 

The fear is probably just masking the excitement.  I don't know.  Either way, I want to be excited and am am just not there yet.  I guess that will be my goal for the rest of the weekend.  Be excited.  Yep...going to be a rough one. 

You know who Ben Stein is?  The Ferris Bueller, teacher who says, Bueller, Bueller, Bueller?  That's what the voice in my head sounds like right now.    Sheesh...I need to get a grip and just face things don't I.  What a roller coaster life is.  For now, think I'll go avoid my Eeyore thoughts and read a good book.  When I'm done with that, I'll give Tigger a call and see if he can coach me over the phone.

Happy Saturday Ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment