Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Think Happy Thoughts!

Every night I sit and stare at a blank space to ready start a new post and then I just start typing.  Tonight I stared more than usual.  There are hundreds of unorganized thoughts running through my mind right now.  So much so, that I've decided to turn off my brain and just focus on the things that bring a smile to my face today.  I thought I'd list a few things that make me happy and hope that as Gandhi says, that those thoughts will become my destiny!

1. Ted Hawkins - his voice can sooth what ails you.  I was introduced to his music the year he died sadly, but I'm still a huge fan.  I could listen to him sing the phone book.  One of my favorites is called Big Things.  He wrote most of his music and was a street performer for years until he hit the 'big time', sort, of in Europe.  Here's a link to one of my favorites on YouTube :  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pO8GlpvzyE  I highly recommend his Next Hundred Years CD.

2.  Murphy (my parent's new poochie, aka my little brother) got a new haircut today.  Since my parents did a DNA test on him - yes they did - and found out he was a Japanese Poodle (long story) they decided to get his hair cut in a poodle cut.  I won't humiliate him by showing the full cut, although he did look super cute.  I've included my favorite part, his feet.  They gave him a really close cut on his paws and not his legs, thereby giving him a leg warmer effect.  He has hooves now! :)  Very cute.

3.  I had heard about the chocolate restaurant/bar at the Ritz in Charlotte.  So today, I did a bit more research and now I think it will be come my favorite place in Uptown!    Bar Cocoa, here I come!!! 


4. Cape Cod  - specifically Chatham and the Lighthouse Beach!  I love beach roses...this is the beach where sharks are each summer.  It's directly across the street from the Chatham Lighthouse and one of my favorite spots on the Cape.




5. Queen Elizabeth - She's just an amazing, graceful lady.  
I wish I could have created a boondoggle to go to the UK for work for her Diamond Jubilee!  Her family and country loves her...that says enough.
6.  And finally, a brain dump...Cake Boss and Rizzoli & Isles are back on, my hydrangeas are blooming and it's been raining nicely outside.  I have great friends and family - who are both supportive and patient.  Team McGowan - need I say more.  I have good health insurance and orange creamsicles in the freezer.  Dominos still makes a great gluten free pizza (Sorry Anna) and my friend Missy is having another baby boy!  (I can't wait to meet Sawyer's little brother!) Terry comes tomorrow, all Dropkick Murphys music and all music in general depending on the mood.  Lastly, that I have the ability to not fix everything.  Sometimes, you just gotta let it ride....

Here's my view as I type - does it get better than this???  B and a Bubbie..down for the night.
Sweet dreams ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment