Saturday, July 21, 2012

Moving Right Along

Well, I worked for a half day yesterday.  It wasn't because I was being careful either - we were packing up our offices.  It really was a sad day.  The new company purchasing the company I've worked for over the last 5 years has decided to move IT out of their current office space along with 3 other departments. 

They are moving us to a building across the parking lot to a floor all by ourselves.  SO, all of the new people who are moving down to Charlotte will be sitting in our old seats - while we sit in the 'extra space.'

It won't be forever, but we aren't quite sure how long we will be there - could be about 6-9 months.  Or maybe a year.  They are re-doing the 2nd and 3rd floor of the normal building to fit the new business.  We've been purchased by a huge corporation and then merged with another of their divisions to create a new business.  The business will be headquartered here in Charlotte - which is good. 

But the big detail that's hanging over all of our heads is the fact that we don't know if we have jobs in the new organization.  AND we won't know until after the sale happens.  Did I mention the sale date has been moved back, again? :o)  No pressure there.  We think it might be the end of next week - so we're in limbo for a week or so.  Unfortunately, for right now, if you don't have work activities around Day One - you really don't have tons to do.

We're not sure how the new regime wants things done so we don't want to move forward with projects etc...so we'll hang for now and hope that we get answers as to who our new bosses are soon!

No stress there right folks?  Yesterday could have been really hard, instead a smart friend ordered pizza for our department and got us permission to wear jeans to work - which never happens - so it was a more casual relaxed atmosphere that helped with the sad parts.

We're a strong team and overall, I'm sure we'll be fine....I hope all of my team gets jobs and is happy with their new assignments - they are all great people who have come to be be friends and people I care about.  That makes this kind of thing so much harder.

We've become a family of sorts and you certainly want to see your family taken care of!   So I guess I'll say goodbye to my great office with a great view shared with a great lady - and move forward to my rickety cubicle with no walls and lots of noise....I'll always have my iTouch! :o)

Outside of work, "me and Baby McG" are doing well - I'm taking it one day at a time and plan on doing nothing this weekend.  Seriously, I'm tired and I'm doing nothing but watch movies and pee - a lot.

I hope you all have a great weekend and get a chance to relax and recharge!

Happy Saturday Ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment