Monday, July 2, 2012

Beware of the Sloth Attack

Well, it's July and hot as blazes outside here in Charlotte, NC.  I'm enjoying my week off so far, but not sure what I have to show for it!  I've always lived under the guise of doing - something, anything every day that I can look back on and be proud of.  So far, I've been on 'vacation' for five days and I've got very little to show for it.

I've had some fun and enjoyed my relaxation, but I'm not too sure I've been very productive.  If anything, during this phase of my life, I should be keeping busy and keeping my mind otherwise occupied.    Even my dogs sense something is up....there's something to be said about Bubbie intuition isn't there?  I've constantly had a Bubbie on my lap, at my feet or just sitting next to me for days now.  I love every minute of it.  They do get warm though!    I'm still fascinated that they have to be on me or next to me when it's 104 degrees outside! 

The only drawback to all of this 'Bubbie love' is it gives me an even bigger incentive to do nothing.  It's like a vicious circle of sloth!  I'm sitting here typing this when I should be figuring out what we're going to have for dinner!  My brain AND my stomach could just care less right now.  I assume that's just a side effect of my sloth attack.   My secret hope is that my sweet husband will pull a miracle out of his pocket and come up with something easy and appealing without me making a darned thing!  Miracles can happen you know!
This time off wasn’t really planned – it was a vacation of opportunity I guess you could say.  I had the time and there was nothing going on at work so here we are.  I should have planned something I guess, but with B doing homework around the clock, there isn’t a whole lot of time to go away or do even a day trip.
I’m on a ‘stay-cation’ I guess you could say for now.  I need to finish that stupid book I started a week ago and bake something.  That will help to make me feel productive I guess.  Maybe I can start to knit.  It’s too hot to dig in the dirt outside, ain’t no way I’m walking the poor Bubbies in this heat and honestly, even doing my favorite thing – grocery shopping could be risky.  By the time I hit the car, my food will have been cooked – so no grocery shopping for me!
(Wow, that’s depressing.  I’m on vacation and I want to go grocery shopping.  I need help.)
I hope the rest of you are enjoyed a wonderful weekend and have great things planned for the holiday week ahead!
For now, I’ll go back to my book, rotate the Bubbies off my lap and try to feel all perky and productive.


Happy Monday Ya’ll!



No comments:

Post a Comment