Sunday, July 15, 2012

My Stomach is in a Quandary...


Sorry this is late today folks - 'that which I have prayed for' has knocked me on my butt.  I've just woken from a two hour nap and am watching my two sweet Bubbies snooze away.  Days like this are a gift.

It's my own fault you know...we had a really busy day yesterday...In fact, I was out until 11:00PM!  I know right?  I've gone just crazy - We went and saw the new Ice Age movie with friends - definitely recommend it - then dinner.  C R A Z Y.  It was actually a really fun night and after getting home SO late then getting up early for mass this morning I was really knocked out.

We went to mass, we had breakfast at the MacDonalds where I had apple slices, a hash brown and 3 spoonfuls of a fruit and yogurt parfait and 5 sips of water.  Yum.  That brings me to the topic du jour....eating while pregnant.  It's quite the conundrum for me.

I mean really, I order what I normally like and then when it arrives, blech, the nausea just rolls in waves.  I'm seriously not complaining.  I just don't know what to eat to calm it down.  Since I'm unable to eat gluten - aka wheat etc...I'm not really a saltines kind of girl.  I'd love a cracker or a slice of nice soft white bread right now, but the repercussions would be just horrifying.

For now, I'm eating rice crackers, (which give me heartburn) and cheese.  Lots and lots of cheese.   I'm trying to eat healthy foods, but the thought makes me gag.  The idea of cooking anything right now makes me gag too.   I just made some microwave popcorn - with Parmesan of course - and it tasted really good.  I'm craving salt - but that won't work with the swollen left ankle I'm sporting.  So - any suggestion my people?   I need to eat....and function....and go to work!

When I get really icky, I use my Preggie Pop Drops - those puppies are not cheap!  And really, I'm not sure why they work, after all they are just hard sour candies.  But they do work...unfortunately I can't walk around with a hard candy in my mouth 24/7. 

Again, let me reiterate, I'm not whining - truly I'm not.  I'm just hoping to glean a bit of information from those of you who have been through this joyous time.  A girl can only Google so much you know!

So I'll leave you with a shot of how the Bubbies have relocated since I began this post....they're obviously sending me a message to put down the laptop and relax...and Bubbies always know best!

Have a great rest of Sunday Ya'll!


1 comment:

  1. Try the wrist bands- they are for certain pressure points. For me, I was like you too- cheese, maybe some broth. Crackers- ugh, not so much. Believe it or not, ice cream helped settle my stomach, and still does. Weird, I know. Smells made me crazy, esp. Italian. What about cooked rice, rather than rice crackers? The gluten thing makes it tough. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete