Wednesday, July 4, 2012

I'm Going Nuts

This week has been a very introspective time for me...in case you hadn't noticed.  For a while now, I couldn't wait to have some time off to just chill and relax for a change.  Now that I've been off for a week - I realize that the old adage - be careful what you wish for,  it might come true, really does still apply.    I'm going nuts.

Seriously.  I've always secretly envied women who could be stay-at-home moms - what a gift.  But honestly, I haven't had any people contact besides my parents (yesterday), in about 3 days.  I'm about ready to pull my hair out!  I don't want to manufacture things to do - that would defeat the purpose of relaxing right?  But I do miss my people contact.

I finally finished my book.  It was good, but obviously my attention isn't what it should be right now.  Remind me to tell you why some time...just not today.   Today, I'm all about no heavy or introspective thinking.  I'm watching brainless movies and shows like Cake Boss and am just watching the clock move. 

I just need to get through this week and then all will change - either for the good or the bad.  (Mentally I say good and bad in a Scottish accent - that's another story that really requires sound to be effective, so I'll just leave it at that.) 

For now, I will be Unproductive Jennifer - one of the many facets of my personality that I didn't know existed until this week.  I don't really like her much.  She's so lazy and actually slept until noon today.  I know!  Well, I'll give her a bit of break - she did wake up at 6AM and then 7 AM and then 8 AM...she did eat breakfast and talk with her husband - it wasn't her fault that she fell back asleep for 2 hours.  

Unproductive Jennifer is such a slouch that she actually made her husband go out and pick up their dinner - that he called in.  Nope, she didn't even place the order.  What a lazy bum huh?

I'm hoping that UJ (Unproductive Jennifer) goes on hiatus tomorrow.  I mean it's even a big deal to get her to blow dry her hair!  That's not much fun to hang out with day in and day out.  Organized Jennifer is ready to take over tomorrow thank goodness.  I hope there isn't a coup in the early morning time frame - UJ is usually so cranky in the morning and OJ is such a pain --jumping up and getting on the recumbent bike first thing in the morning.  This isn't going to be pretty folks. 

So, if you hear some loud rumblings tomorrow morning - please cover your ears - the girls can be ugly when they don't get their way.  My money is on OJ - she's been around longer and has a few more tricks up her sleeve.  Wish me luck.  If OJ doesn't win, going to work on Thursday could be really tricky!

All kidding aside ya'll, let's remember what today is all about for all Americans - freedom.

On this day in 1776, the Declaration of Independence was approved by the Continental Congress, setting the 13 colonies on the road to freedom as a sovereign nation.

So while you're enjoying your cookouts, your days off from work and your fireworks, remember the people who helped put us there.  The history that makes us who we are....


Happy Fourth of July Ya'll!!

No comments:

Post a Comment