Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Manic Tuesday

Just another manic Tuesday....don't you just hate driving into work (after you left on time and everything) and realizing after about 15 minutes, that you had a conference call that started 15 minutes earlier.  Nice. 

Luckily when I got on the call, they only needed me for another 10 minutes instead of the hour they had scheduled.  I hate when people do that by the way....why block my calendar for 60 minutes when you only need 15?  Then they joke and say - "look, I gave you back 45 minutes!"   My brain  immediately goes to - "You Dork.  You just wasted 15 minutes of my time at 8AM.  Don't try to be cute with me.  Just hang up the damn phone." 

I'm in a great mood aren't I?  I've been living with a headache for 3 days now.  Add the nausea in and I'm a fun girl to be around right now.  Seriously, I'd be a blast at parties - what a total joy package I have working!  

Have I mentioned that Baby McG is now the size of a grape?  Yep.  Here's some other interesting tidbits:
  • At 9 weeks pregnant, baby has begun movement - While still too small for you to feel, your little one is wriggling, shifting, and dancing already! Makes you almost wish for a window to peek in whenever you want!
  • Most joints are formed now - and trust that your little one is practicing bending and flexing.
  • Fetus will curve its fingers around an object placed in the palm of its hand - This is amazing to see! At only 9 weeks pregnant, if you happen to have an ultrasound, you may observe your infant fascinated by everything he or she can lay their fingers on (mainly other fingers, toes, ears and nose!
  • Fingerprints are already evident in the skin
  • Average size at 9 weeks pregnant -- length 0.9 inch (2.3cm), weight 0.07 ounce (2gm)
How cool is all of that?  I'm actually 9 weeks and six days so we're almost at the next phase which is even more interesting.  I'm enjoying learning all of this information and it's so hard to believe all of this happens so early in the baby's development!  When we hit 10 weeks - "Pedro-nina" is officially a 'fetus.'  It's a big day for her! :o) Woohoo!  I still call her booger, but in medical terms it's fetus for now.

See?  I'm trying to focus on the fun and not the misery after all!  It's tough to weed through the really bad days right now, but I've been through worse! 

For now I'll keep reminding myself how fortunate I am to have Team McGowan and such a wonderful group of family and friends for support!   This afternoon we're off to hear the little heartbeat one more time....just a precaution after our scare last week.  Fingers and toes are crossed!

Happy Tuesday Ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment