Monday, August 27, 2012

Made in Charlotte

Well, I'm back.  Sort of.  I've been on a hiatus of sorts - trying to get rid of these wicked, wicked headaches.  I've asked for advice and tried it all, but unfortunately, these nasty things are caused by me, myself and I - not hormones.  I have numerous musculoskeletal issues that resulted from a few surgeries about four years ago.  When you add those to hyper mobile joints and strong muscles, you get issues and evil headaches.

Dr. Matt has been at the center of my universe followed VERY closely by DD and her 'evil' yet healing massage hands.  Between the two of them, I'm able to see straight for now but still need to get a good night's sleep.  

Baby McG is thriving - thank goodness - I guess this is my first "mommy" lesson - I feel horrible, but the baby feels great - that's all that matters! Suffering is all part of the deal! :)

So I'm here...I'm fighting through the fog and dreaming about Advil and chewing food again.  But until I get 'on top' of the headaches, chewing isn't in my future.  I've been released from the amazing fertility clinic we've been going to for years - it was so sad and yet such a happy moment. 

It is always their goal to release their patients to our regular docs for further prenatal care, but it's bittersweet to leave that amazing support network behind.  There were tears and hugs and they gave us the sweetest onesie that says "Made in Charlotte" on the front - our first baby clothes gift.  We love it - it's surreal for now.  I guess it will feel more real when I start to see a 'regular' doctor and the ultrasounds change from weekly to monthly - OY!  Team McGowan is morphing!

I'm in the middle of week 11 - Baby McG is almost the size of a lime - but according to the doctor, "it's a long one!"  Uh oh.  Where on Earth will I put a long baby???  Looks like I'll be carrying a pretzel soon!  Poor kid - let's hope he/she stops getting longer and just starts to fill in!    God did not give me a normal sized upper body - in fact I'm so short wasted that petite shirts are long on me....should be an interesting time!

For now, my focus is on work and getting through some really interesting projects.  I'm swimming in a sea of bureaucracy right now - luckily I'm a strong swimmer.  I'm hoping this too shall pass and good things will come with this new job.  It's interesting and requires out of the box thinking - nice for a change!

I hope you're all doing well!
Happy Monday Ya'll!







1 comment:

  1. Hoping things are better soon- the baby is worth it!! Before you know it, you'll feel him fluttering around!

    ReplyDelete