Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Help! I Can't Find My Brain!

Grace under pressure.  That’s something that’s always been a goal for me.  I have one of those faces that are pretty open – I can hide things only if you don’t know me very well.  I have a theory that if you’re going to do something, you should do it to the best of your ability and put your heart into it. 
I’m a big believer in tying things up with a ‘pretty red bow’ and doing it up.   I’m a structured, detailed oriented person who follows rules.  In other words, I’m pretty damn boring! 
Lately, although I’ve been boring, I’ve exhibited very little grace and certainly no organizational skills.  It’s been eating at me – driving me crazy actually.  I feel like the biggest slacker.  I guess this is God’s way of getting me ready to have my world turned upside down.   
Without B right now, I would be running up and down the stupid stairs after forgetting my meds – which by the way, I have been taking 2X/day for the last 4 months.  I absolutely have a mental block about it and without him remembering to bring it upstairs for me, I would end up waking in the middle of the night in a panic to take it. 
Luckily work hasn’t been too busy, so at least I haven’t been digging a hole for myself there too.  I’m hoping that eventually I will get back on top of my ‘game’ and get organized again – at least until ‘Pedro-nina’ shows up!  Surely that isn’t too much to ask? 
I need to make a grocery list, return about 10 items to different stores (why did I think buying pants was a good idea before getting pregnant?), there are just piles of crap everywhere and I’m afraid to dig too far into our fridge….it hasn’t been cleaned out in a really, really long time.  (The freezer is an entirely separate drama.)
So I’m working on compartmentalizing my brain and writing lists.  I’ll need lists for my lists I’m thinking – but right now if I don’t write it down, I have no shot in heck at remembering things.
I know – baby brain and it’s just going to get worse.  I’ve had a month ‘vacation’ from being organized, but I need to get back on the bandwagon people.  I’m in serious withdrawal!
Any shortcuts you might have that you used while having a baby brain would be appreciated – I’m afraid I’ll start to lose my lists ya’ll!  That’s some serious hormone head!  I'm working on the grace under pressure - I think being exhausted is helping to slow down my response time - luckily.  I'm praying for grace and patience - none of which I'm normally very good at....time will tell!
Happy Tuesday Ya’ll!

No comments:

Post a Comment