Monday, August 13, 2012

It Isn't Easy Being Green

Hey everyone - I've not forgotten you!  I've been on bed rest - again.  All is well.  Had another scare, but the baby is fighting as am I.  The little heart is beating like crazy and that keeps me calm.  Unfortunately though, the nausea seems to be beating me.  Although I've had some wonderful suggestions from lots of friends, none of them seem to be working to quell the horrible feeling.  I'm just going to have to 'suck it up' until it passes!  I'll try to keep the whining down to a low roar.  I promise!

All is not lost however - I have lost six pounds! :o)  It's odd that all of my pants are baggy on me for now...I'm sure in a few months I'll miss the bagginess, but for now, I'll appreciate it and hope that maybe I lose a few more before things shift.  I have plenty to spare so anything I lose now will help in the long run I'm sure.

I'm back at work and it feels odd.  I've been turned off for almost five days and now that I have to get stuff done...Oy.  Time to re-engage.  The mood is so somber here at work though.  I wish leadership would do something to get people mentally in a happier place....we need some team building.  Big Time.  It's tough enough to get into a new job without the depressing atmosphere that we have here right now.

At this point I have so much work though that it's a bit scary.  It's even scarier to know there is an end date in the near future...oy again.  While I can't wait for the baby to be here...I'm nervous about leaving work for a period of time.  I'm sure I'll get over that when the time comes, but being the planner that I am, it makes me nervous.

For now, I'll stick with living in the moment and getting through the next few weeks with a smile on my face.  I'll keep focused on what's in front of me and not what's down the road and see where that takes me.  I'll be thankful for my sweet husband and awesome family.  Wouldn't know what I would have done without them. 

We had a great visit with my older brother and his wife this weekend - it was great to see them!  It was fun to be able to just chill out and relax and not worry that my face was a pretty pale green.  Gotta love family!

I hope you've all been doing well and are having a great week so far -

Happy Monday Ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment