Thursday, September 19, 2013

So, Where Was I...

Hello everyone!  Sorry I dropped off of the face of the Earth!  My pregnant hands were just a swollen, ugly mess and typing was something I had to reserve for work.  By the time I finished that, I was unable to do anything online!  I don’t have too many pictures of me pregnant – I really hated how I looked.  I didn't 'show' until the very end of the pregnancy since I carried Blake so high under my ribs.  It was worth the discomfort, the bed rest and the drama though! 
Blake two days old

Here I am at 38 weeks
So much has happened since my last post!  It's been a long drama, but such an incredibly happy ending!  Our little man was born on 3/1/13 and was a healthy little peanut!  
 
He was a tiny one, but soon understood the concept of eating and boy oh boy did he take off!  He's now just shy of 20lbs and is over 6 months old.  We are so incredibly blessed.
 

Blake in his high chair - 1st time!
We are very busy these days with our new crazy schedule too.  I went back to work after a two month leave.  It was certainly hard to go back and leave little man at home, but it was easier knowing that he is at home with his wonderful Daddy.  It's been a true comfort knowing he is safely at home getting lots and lots of attention from his Super Dad!  B is still slugging away at his masters and is juggling his Daddy duties and school duties really well.

I've been back to work for a while, have switched positions in the company and am now learning a whole new job.  I never make it easy on myself do I?

We're getting ready to go on a much deserved vacation and can't wait to get away from the hectic life we now lead for just a bit.  A change of scenery will be good if nothing else.  Going on vacation with a six month old will give a whole new meaning to the phrase, 'everything but the kitchen sink' as I'm sure we'll have a packed car.  It's amazing the amount of 'stuff'' a little guy needs - makes me seem so low maintenance! :o)

I hope you've all been well since I last posted and I promise to use this blog to document our whirlwind of a life more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment