Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I am a Pumpkin Snob.

Welcome fall!  You’re finally here!  I have been waiting for you.  I love your cooler weather and think what you do with the leaves on the trees in my backyard is just gorgeous.  So thanks for that! My craving for homemade applesauce has kicked in and I’ve already started snooping around for pumpkins. But in an attempt at full disclosure, I am a pumpkin snob.  I don’t love the bright orange round ones that just sit there.  I prefer a smart pale orange pumpkin and a white pumpkin will always make me smile.  I don’t know why honestly – somehow in the last few years as they started introducing all of these designer pumpkins, I got hooked.
I love the way the colors are softer – although as most of you know – I have never met an orange shirt or sweater that I didn’t love.  SO I guess I’m good with the color but only if I wear it.  Don’t want to decorate with it.  That makes me an official pumpkin snob.
I don’t even like Halloween – I’m a Halloween Hater.  I think it will be fun to dress up Blake, but I so don’t get into the whole witches and skeleton thing.  Ghosts maybe a bit – but forget the vampires.  As a Halloween hater with a baby boy who will surely love getting dressed up as a super hero and getting free candy – I’m going to have to change my outlook.  I get that.  But not for a bit. 
For now I’ll continue to decorate with my designer pumpkins and be content with my calmer colors. I know in the very near future I’ll have to start actually carving the stupid things – but there will always be a Blake pumpkin and Mommy’s pumpkins in our house.  Because I said so! J



No comments:

Post a Comment