Tuesday, September 24, 2013

There was something I wanted to tell you....crap. Never mind.

So I had a topic all ready to post about today and I have completely forgotten what I wanted to say. Fortunately, this lapse in memory has helped me to find my new topic du jour…I forget things.  Sweet mercy I forget things.  I’ve never been this forgetful in my life.  I knew it was a side effect of pregnancy, but had no idea it was also a side effect of being a Mommy too.
I guess you could think this is funny, but it’s also a huge pain in the butt.  I write things down (when I’m feeling organized and efficient) and then of course I forget to read the damn notes.  (My moments of organization and efficiency obviously do not last as long as they should.)  I ask my sweet B to remind me of some things, but then he forgets to remind me and that just makes me annoyed at him – when I should actually be annoyed at myself since I forgot to begin with!  Sorry B!
So, where does that leave me?  I would love an assistant, but that isn’t going to happen in this lifetime.  Blake is too young to help remind me of things.  I guess I’m just going to have to make do with only getting half of things done I wanted to accomplish.  Phew- that my friends, is easier said than done.  I’ve never been one to drop balls – they might bounce occasionally, but never ever do they stop bouncing.   Until now. 
So now the proverbial ball has dropped and I’m sitting on my hands so I don’t try to grab at it.  OH it’s killing me.  There you have it.  I’m a control freak who had to lose my freak.  I’m now just a tired Mommy who recalls she put laundry in the washing machine, but can’t remember if she added the soap.  But I’m fairly confident than I didn’t turn it on.  So there’s that. 
Happy Tuesday Ya’ll!

No comments:

Post a Comment