Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Spaghetti Squash and Good News!

I'm still here...sorry I've been out of touch, but I've been buried with work and oy do my hands hurt!  I am dealing with a circulation thing that when I wake up in the morning is just miserable.  It also gets worse throughout the day from typing for work, so I really don't want to spend more time typing.

I know I'm lame - but I'm working on it! 

So here's the latest and greatest on me and Pedro!    He's 22 weeks and growing like crazy.  He likes to punch me when I sing at church and when I least expect it.  I'm ok with that though, because the more I feel him, the more I know he's ok!  He's a big boy my people...it's a bit scary!

Right now he's 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and in Pedro's case, about 1 1/2 lbs. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment.  

I have to admit I'm in withdrawal - We were having ultrasounds on a weekly basis so I never really had to wonder how he was doing.   So that leads to the latest great news! On a high note, at our last appointment with our regular doctor (2 weeks ago) our doc told us to 'get out of his office.'  He won't see us for another month! :)  Woo hoo!  We're doing well enough that we don't have to be poked and prodded all the time!  What a relief.

He did say, 'what you're doing is working, so keep doing it.'  That translates to staying in bed most of my days and working from home, but I'll do it if it means he'll continue to thrive!  Anything is worth that I guess!

So for now I'll go into work when we have meetings and stay home with my feet up the rest of the time.  I miss the day-to-day interaction with my co-workers, but have really enjoyed having the extra time with the Bubbies and B - I'm spoiled now I guess. :o)

Work is full of upheaval for me right now though....I'm super duper busy but the infrastructure of my department is pretty shaky right now.  I hope things even out quickly, but we'll have to wait and see....not my strong suit of course.

Do you know that the best part of today is????  The elections are OVER!  I'm not happy with the outcome, but I have sincere hope that things will improve with our economy.  I hope the rhetoric spouted out for the last year comes to fruition and that the United States becomes more united again!  I want Pedro to have a great future in this world -

A Mother can hope....

Well, with that I'll say Happy Wednesday Ya'll!  I hope you're doing great!

No comments:

Post a Comment