Friday, September 21, 2012

Our First Date!

So I'm a rebel....sort of.  I had no choice but to drive myself to acupuncture last night - no way I was missing the appointment.  I find the bleeding really slows down following each visit, so I don't want to lose the momentum and relaxation I'm getting.  B had to work and my awesome parents who also chauffeur me were out of town, so since I was feeling somewhat ok, I drove myself.

Of course I didn't eat much all day; in fact I was really hungry driving down to my appointment.  Seriously when I'm done with acupuncture, I'm starving.  They calm all my Qi and I'm ready for some grub!  For the past two weeks, because I'm so anemic, I have been craving meat and spinach.  I've had this issue before, so I recognize the symptoms...but usually I'm yearning for a hamburger.  Right now, Baby McG isn't interested in burgers - bummer.  Baby wants a steak!

Since acupuncture is near Uptown, and I was already so close, I scooted over to Outback.  WAHOO!  We had tried to go there a week or so ago, but got there before they opened - and then I realized I'd forgotten a chiropractor appointment so we had to leave and head towards home - sans steak.

Eating alone isn't my favorite thing to do - I've done it a lot when traveling.  But last night, I wasn't alone!  It was me and Baby McG, going out on our first date!  I asked for a table for one - and was seated in the deserted bar area in a booth.  Perfect!  I put my feet up and the waiter came over.  I smiled politely and told him I hadn't eaten a whole meal in over 3 months and was on a mission.  I ordered my meal and sat to play on Facebook a bit.

Well, let me tell you!  The salad came out in about a minute.  I chowed that down and was done before the waiter even came to check on me.  (A bit embarrassing I must admit!)  I knew I was acting like someone who hadn't eaten in a month.   Who cares, right?

Out a minute later, my little steak and my wee little baked potato.  Perfection.  They lasted exactly 6 minutes my people.  This time the waiter had learned his lesson and came over sooner to check on me - I was only half done.  Took me a little longer than the salad because of the chewing factor.  I did taste it, I promise.  I just didn't savour it.  I scarfed it down. 

As soon as I'd cleared my plate (like a charter member of the clean plate club,) I pushed it away - full to the gills.  SO done.

The manager came over and teased me - she'd been watching me chow down and actually asked me when I was due!  Smart woman - she then filled me in on how easy it was to place to go orders - apparently you should order your steak a bit more rare so you can heat it a bit when you get home!  Brilliant!

It was  a great experience and I'm sure if I walk in next week, they will remember me! 

Sadly, this morning I awoke with an upset stomach today and I've lost that hungry feeling once again.  :(  It was  fun while it lasted!  I guess I'll have to wait until my next acupuncture appointment.  I won't complain though - I'm losing weight while lying in bed - what girl wouldn't love that right?

Happy Friday Ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment